Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February, 2013

Can I tell ya somethin'? I love snow, and I love snow days even more! So this morning when I saw the powdery white stuff covering my yard, I was hoping for a snow day...but that didn't happen. Why yes, I was bummed. However, I bundled up and went on my way to class like a good college student.

Sigh.

As I was driving,  the beautiful scenery of the white covering caught my eyes -not good when you're driving I might add! The tree's were white, the fields were white, the roads were white, everything was covered in snow. It was gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

I couldn't help but think...
God's creation is absolutely beautiful, with or without a blanket of snow.

"God is supreme over the skies; His majesty covers the earth." Psalm 57:5

As I was praising the Lord aloud for how beautiful His creation was, I started thinking about how the scenery around me somewhat reflected a part of my own life. Ya see, I have a lot of junk in my life that frankly, I wish wasn't there. I'm not perfect. I mess up. But you know what's awesome? This verse right here...
The Creator Himself said:

" 'Come now, let us settle the matter,' Says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.' "
Isaiah 1:18

Thank you, Jesus! He removed all that imperfect junk in my life, and He gave me a clean slate. Now, do I still mess up? Well absolutely! I'm not perfect, remember? But I know that I serve a God that forgave me once and for all, purifies my heart whiter than snow. Now that's the kind of hope I like to cling to!

"Take away my sins and I will be clean. Wash me and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

If you're still with me, here's another thought:

I love looking at a snowy landscape. It makes me happy.
 In somewhat of the same way, it makes God happy to look at us too! He sees his children -me - in ways that are sometimes most of the time hard for me to imagine, but I am so thankful.
I'm going to leave you with these statements and some scriptures to go along with them. Don't be afraid to look these up, and then sit in awe at the love that the God of the universe has for you.

I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4)
I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17)
I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9)
He delights in my life. (Psalm 37:23)
I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:7)
I am chosen by God (Deuteronomy 7:6)
I am greatly loved by God (Ephesians 2:4)

>>>>>>>>>>>>-<<<<<<<<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik