Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Little Reminders.

Ever have one of those days? You know, the kind that you start to get around for the day, put on your make-up, fix your hair, but no matter what you do it just looks bad? Today was just one of those days...
As I sat in front of the mirror, trying to get myself put together, I just kept getting increasingly aggravated with myself. Finally, I threw my hair in a pony tail and gave up.

Come on ladies, I know I'm not the only one that has been there.
But isn't God's timing for everything just perfect?

Right after aggravation struck and I gave up on the hope of feeling confidently put together, I opened my bible to where I left off in 1 Peter 3. I was encouraged by the reminder God had waiting for me in that passage:

"It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from within you - the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed and is very precious to God." (verses 3-4)

God is GOOD, isn't He? His word NEVER fails!

 I am grateful that even in my stubbornness, even in my frustration, even when I view his masterpiece negatively, He is loving enough to remind me of what is most important; even in the little things.

Can I just leave you with this (and I need it too!)...
It doesn't matter what kind of hair day you are having or whether your make-up looks flawless or not, it's the beauty and condition of your heart that truly matters. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman whose heart and life reflects that of the Lord's.

"I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well." Psalm 139:14

"A beautiful woman without good sense is like a gold ring in a pig's snout." Proverbs 11:22


"Charm can fool you, and beauty can trick you, but a woman who respects the Lord should be praised." Proverbs 31:30



>>>>>>>>>>>>-<<<<<<<<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik